BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

My New Favorite Thing

So, as some of you know, Barry's cousin's wife, Cheryl, (I call her my cousin?!) opened up a fabulous yarn shop the other week. Annie Amelia Anyway, I was lucky enough to be a tester for her. I got to test, THE coolest product ever! It's called a SweetCase and it's WAY awesome!
When I first got the package, I was hesitant to attempt knitting up the gorgeous yarn. It's this bright, vibrant coraly-pink color, which as you know is one of my most favorite colors. But not only is it bright and vibrant, there are teeny tiny glass beads throughout the entire skein of yarn. Seriously, it looked so pretty all knotted up, that I was scared to break it, or ruin it!
I decided that gorgeous yarn wasn't meant to be left alone, so I started to knit it up with the pattern Cheryl created! It's called the "Nice Nice Headband" and it's SO cute! The pictures on the SweetCase don't show the detail that this headband has! There are adorable little X's all over it. Now, generally speaking, I'm not a huge headband girl, but because I made this one, I wear it ALL the time! I love it so much. I'm thinking about ordering some more of the flurry yarn to make Christmas presents!


Also in the SweetCase, is this amazing lip balm, and the cutest little birdhouse charm! I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but I'm sure it'll be fabulous! :) And the ribbon that comes with it has already proven useful, I wore it as a belt!
The pattern was super easy to follow, and even I, a novice knitter, could follow it, and execute it perfectly (I think ;))
I'm honestly not just trying to be a salesgirl, I really, honestly, truly LOVE this project, and the SweetCase! And wouldn't mind a subscription for Christmas (hint hint!)

1 comments:

Emma said...

too cute!! and i think that picture of the temple behind you... i think i have the same one!!